- Plan ahead! If you want the "prime tee-times" you need to book months in advance. Many times package providers can book a tee-time six months before an individual can.
- Work with an individual that knows the area well and plays golf - not a call center with no personal touch.
- Make sure you know your dates of travel before you book or start quoting prices to your golf buddies. Golf travel prices are dictated by the time of year and one day can double the price. Ask when the rates change, and you can keep more of your change in your pocket.
- Have a pretty clear cut idea on what each individual of your Golf Group wants to pay for the trip.
- Be flexible with your tee times - everyone wants 8-9 AM, but remember that some courses offer reduced rates for late morning and early PM tee times.
- If you can plan your golf trip to happen during the week - rates can be lower than weekends and less crowded on the course.
- In some cases - Villas, Condos and Homes can be less expensive than hotels, and a lot more fun for the group.
- If a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. So do your homework and find out what kind of "deal" it really is.
- Find out if you can pre-book replays and don't always plan on a tee time being available when you are done your first 18 holes.
- Don't spend hours making phone calls, changing tee-times, and leaving credit card numbers when all you have to do is call Golf Zoo.
- Bring your balls...
- And extra gloves as well
- Bring your umbrella, even though it won't get wet in the garage
- Get your golf shoes re-spiked, even if they haven't needed it since 1985
5. Leave the pencil with the eraser at home - it's a dead giveaway...
Do you have your own tips that you would like to share? We would love to hear from you! Post your comments below!
how can I plan for a trip for next April 2007, even if the prices are subject to change? especially lodging and coursesReplyDelete
Hi there - even though the rates are not posted for 2007 yet, you can call me, and I will honor the 2006 rates for next year. Give me a call at 888.867.6911, or email me at email@example.comReplyDelete