Golf is a sport that would require concentration. Not once, but in the entire round. That is why golf etiquette plays a vital role in every game. How golfers behave in the greens distinguishes the game of golf from any other forms of sports.
Here are some of the essential points that every golfer must bear in mind while playing on the greens:
• Always consider safety above anything else. Golf clubs and golf balls are quite hard and mishandling any of these can make the entire layout a danger prone area. Make sure that you are doing your swinging warm ups at the practice range and not towards another person.
• In using the golf carts, make sure that you are driving in a moderate speed. Eyes must be on the cart path. Adhere to the set of rules that the resort imposes regarding the directions of cart parking. These motorized carts are prone to damaging the greens and the teeing grounds so you should use your common sense.
• Maintain a good pace while at play. Do not let other golfers keep waiting for you. As much as possible, decide in advance which golf club to use for your next shot as well as determine your target point.
• Always wear the appropriate golf outfit when playing. Oftentimes, golf shoes are the ones that are strictly required.
• Refuse an invitation in a polite manner. Once in a while you may want to spend time learning the techniques and then suddenly somebody walks in to challenge you for a round of golf. Just say no nicely and mean it.
• Always arrive on time. Punctuality is part of the game’s discipline.
• Make cellular phone conversations as brief as possible as this can be a nuisance to other golfers.
• When other golfers do you a simple favor, thank them right away.
Resort and golf course regulations may vary from one place to another. When you play, hold on to that set of rules. Remember, reputation is built on character and not just on your golfing skills.